ArcelorMittal monitors its urgent shipments with shr-loc
Production lines in the automotive industry are very time sensitive with short and rigid delivery slots for suppliers. ArcelorMittal, one of the main suppliers of car manufacturers, is leveraging the Sigfox based shr-loc tracking solution to monitor its urgent shipments.
Production lines in the automotive industry are very time sensitive with short and rigid delivery slots for suppliers. Any deviation from these slots can generate significant disruptions in the manufacturer's production line. As a steel supplier for some of the largest car manufacturers, ArcelorMittal must abide by these rules when delivering its products.
ArcelorMittal currently relies on the trucking companies' on-board tracking systems to follow their shipments. Though reliable, these tracking systems are not always available to follow urgent and unplanned shipments.
Today, ArcelorMittal relies on shr-loc to provide real-time shipment location to its customers. Thanks to shr-loc trackers installed on their steel coils, ArcelorMittal no longer needs to rely on the availability of an onboard tracking system. This allows ArcelorMittal's customers to be able to track their shipments throughout their journey, under all circumstances.
After successfully monitoring the delivery of shipments leaving the Gent factory with shr-loc, ArcelorMittal is currently replicating the solution in other factories throughout Europe.
ArcelorMittal has chosen the shr-loc solution because of its unique combination of features:
- shr-loc trackers communicate using the global Sigfox 0G network, providing a completely seamless roaming experience across Europe.
- shr-loc software is easy to integrate into ArcelorMittal's ERP, allowing them to improve their shipment process.
- shr-loc trackers are small enough to be slipped in the shipment documentation envelope or attached to the steel coils.
- The shr-loc solution is affordable enough to allow ArcelorMittal to use it for all their urgent shipments while maintaining a positive business case.
- shr-loc trackers have a long-lasting battery lifetime that allows them to be reused for different shipments.
In addition to shr-loc's features, ArcelorMittal is now fully independent for the tracking of their shipments!
ArcelorMittal is the world's largest steel producer, manufacturing more than 90 million tons of steel per year. Their Belgian footprint consists of two factories: Gent and Liège.
shr-loc is the unpowered asset tracking solution, developed by Citymesh 0G.
Citymesh 0G is proud to support ArcelorMittal in their transition to a smarter delivery chain.
Citymesh acquires Belgian Sigfox IoT network
With this acquisition, Citymesh completes its wireless portfolio with 0G connectivity. "Experts in telecommunications, from 0G to 5G"
Fighting COVID-19 by monitoring air quality
With evidence of causality between air quality and SARS-COV-2 transmission likelihood, it is more important than ever to continuously monitor air quality indoors. Citymesh 0G offers an effective end-to-end air quality monitoring solution.